Intro

This is a continuation of the 'blog' on the page at: Controlling_mortice.

Friday 12 July 2013

Lycra to munch!

I've been getting more brave with wearing 'interesting' gear out, and last night I wore cycle shorts to the Reading Munch, which I've never done before.

I was in tight shiny black padded cycle shorts with a long sleeveless teeshirt and trainers. The munch happens in a 'normal' pub so there's no kink-wear, but I figure wearing that I could pass as a cyclist (even though I didn't have a bike) so not far off street-wear. Both the padding in the shorts and the length of the teeshirt ensured I wasn't showing an inappropriate bulge.

I was quite self-conscious leaving home just in shorts and tee, but felt quite confident by the time I got to the pub.

There were for the most part no comments about my shorts except when I commented on them first, except for right at the end when someone mentioned their shininess. I like to think the lack of comments were because cycle shorts are considered normal clothing, and not that I looked too freakish and weird to comment on.

I'm very pleased I did it, it was quite exciting, and I'd have been disappointed with myself if I'd chickened out.

So, what to wear next time... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment